Introduction to Social Marketing: Online Course
Helping you achieve sustainable behaviour change
Learn the basic concepts and planning tools of social marketing at a pace, time and place that suits you. On completion of the course you can opt to sit an assessment and gain an accredited qualification from the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- This course is currently unavailable to purchase
- Introductory level
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Course Cost: -
For any enquiries please contact: email@example.com
- A thorough understanding of the key principles and terminology of social marketing.
- Guidance on how to plan, manage and evaluate your own behaviour change programmes
- An introduction to both qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Access to a wide range of tools and resources to assist with your own behaviour change programmes.
- The option to gain a qualification in social marketing accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
This course is designed for anyone whose job involves trying to influence people’s behaviour, whether it be in public health, financial services, in a local authority or a company’s HR department.
Students of marketing may also find the course useful, as well as anyone who commissions social marketing or behaviour change work.
This is a self-taught course that you complete at your own pace and in your own time.
However, if you want some additional one-to-one tutoring on the course content, perhaps before sitting the CIM exam, we can provide this. Led by one of our experienced trainers, we offer this help at a cost of £75/hour (excluding VAT). If you are not sure about whether or not to opt for this additional tutoring, don't worry, as you can always add it on later. Contact as on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements in more detail.
The online course comprises seven modules containing videos, animations, scenarios and quizzes with prompts and feedback to reinforce what you have learnt. Each module also contains downloadable content such as guides and tools to help you apply your new knowledge to your work.
Each module should take approximately one to three hours to complete. At the end of each module there is a multiple choice quiz which will test your understanding and ability to meet the learning outcomes listed at the start of each module.
The seven modules cover:
- Module 1: An introduction to social marketing.
- Module 2: Getting started with social marketing.
- Module 3: Learning from others.
- Module 4: Researching your audience.
- Module 5: Insight into action.
- Module 6: Developing your intervention.
- Module 7: Implementing and evaluating your intervention.
For more details of each module, including the topics covered and the learning objectives, please click here to reach our Online Training Agenda page where you can download a more detailed syllabus.