Introduction to Social Marketing Training Course. Washington D.C. Fall 2018
Helping you achieve sustainable behaviour change
This three-day course will provide a thorough introduction to the basic concepts and tools of social marketing.
- Wednesday 31st October - Friday 2nd November 2018
- Location: 1255, 23rd Street NW, Washington D.C.
- Introductory Level.
- Accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Course cost: $1,100.
- The cost of the course includes the cost of sitting the assessment and gaining CIM accreditation.
- A thorough understanding of the key principles and terminology of social marketing.
- Guidance on how to plan, manage and evaluate your own behavior change programs.
- An extended introduction to both qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Access to a wide range of tools and resources to assist with your own behavior change programs.
- Gain an qualification in social marketing accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
This course is designed for those who have a rudimentary knowledge of social marketing but want to know how to commission or develop their own social marketing interventions.
To register your interest in this course, please send us your name and conduct details using the "Contact us to book" button on this training page. Alternatively, you can register your interest by contacting John Landels on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please also contact John using this email.
Once you have registered your interest, we will ask you to book and pay for your place on the course during October 2018 using our online booking system which accepts all major credit cards. Alternatively, you will be able to pay via Bank Transfer.
The cost of the three day training course is $1,100 and includes the cost of sitting the exam and the CIM accreditation process.
John Bromley is a founding Director of The NSMC and has over 20 years of experience in developing, implementing and evaluating behaviour change programmes, including the first major public health behaviour change progrramme in the UK. John is also an experienced trainer and has taught the last three Booz Allen training courses in Washington D.C.
Dr Rowena Merritt is The NSMC's Research Director and has over 15 years of experience of planning and implementing social marketing secondary and primary research programmes both in the UK and internationally. Rowena worked with John Bromley to deliver the Booz Allen training course in Washington D.C. in May 2017.
This popular and highly acclaimed course is intensive but also highly interactive - don't expect to be just sitting around reading PowerPoint slides! We will spend a lot of time looking at case studies using a range of interactive activites to reinforce your learning. We also spend time looking at the various research techniques used in social marketing.
The main topics covered are:
- What social marketing is and what it isn't.
- The key elements of a successful social marketing intervention.
- Putting social marketing into practice - understanding who your audience is, the barriers they face to changing their behaviour and using audience understanding to develop interventions.
- Understanding your behavioural challenge.
- Involving stakeholders in achieving behaviour change.
- Researching the issue - learning from others and undertaking your own research.
- Segmenting your audience and setting a behavioural goal.
- Turning insight into action - developing your intervention and using behavioural theory.
- Planning a Communications Programme.
- An introduction to Behavioural Insights.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing assessment.
Please click here to go to our Three-day Award Course Agenda page where you can download a more detailed syllabus.