Introduction to Social Marketing: Two-day Course
Next Course: 5th-6th February 2019, central London
Learn the basic concepts and planning tools of social marketing with an experienced social marketing practitioner. At the end of the two days, participants sit an assessment to gain an accredited qualification in social marketing.
- Next course: 5th-6th February 2019
- Introductory Level.
- Accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Course cost: £480 (excluding VAT and cost of accommodation).
- The cost of the course includes the cost of sitting the assessment and gaining CIM accreditation
- A thorough understanding of the key principles and terminology of social marketing.
- Guidance on how to plan, manage and evaluate your own behaviour change programmes.
- An introduction to both qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Access to a wide range of tools and resources to assist with your own behaviour change programmes.
- The option to gain a qualification in social marketing accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
This course is designed for anyone whose job involves trying to influence people's behaviour, whether it be in public health, financial services, in a local authority or a company's HR department.
Students of marketing may also find the course useful, as well as anyone who commissions social marketing or behaviour change work.
- This course will be held at the NSMC's offices in central London - 26 Finsbury Square, in the City, close to Moorgate Underground station.
We will open our online payment system, which accepts all major credit cards, shortly. You will also be able to pay via Bank Transfer. In the meantime please contact John Landels on email@example.com to reserve a place.
Dr Rowena Merritt is a Director of the NSMC and an experienced social marketing practitioner and trainer who has taught this course widely, both in the UK and abroad.
This course is intensive but is also highly interactive - don't expect to be just sitting reading PowerPoint slides!
The main topics covered are:
- What social marketing is and what it isn't.
- The key elements of a successful social marketing intervention.
- Putting social marketing into practice - understanding who your audience is, the barriers they face to changing their behaviour and using audience understanding to develop interventions.
- Involving stakeholders in achieving behaviour change.
- Researching the issue - learning from others and undertaking your own research.
- Segmenting your audience and setting a behavioural goal.
- Turning insight into action - developing your intervention and using behavioural theory.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing assessment.
Please click here to reach our Two-day Introduction to Social Marketing Agenda page where you can download a more detailed syllabus for this course.