Introduction to Social Marketing: Two-day Online Course
Next Course: April 2023
Learn the basic concepts and planning tools of social marketing with an experienced social marketing practitioner. At the end of the two days, participants sit an assessment to gain an accredited qualification in social marketing.
- Next course: April 2023 (date to be confirmed)
- Online only
- Introductory Level.
- Accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Course cost: £495 (excluding UK VAT).
- The £495 course fee includes the cost of sitting the assessment and gaining CIM accreditation.
- If you choose not to gain CIM accreditation, the cost of the course is £375 (excluding UK VAT).
- A thorough understanding of the key principles and terminology of social marketing.
- Guidance on how to plan, manage and evaluate your own behaviour change programmes.
- An introduction to both qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Access to a wide range of tools and resources to assist with your own behaviour change programmes.
- The option to gain a qualification in social marketing accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
This course is designed for anyone whose job involves trying to influence people's behaviour, whether it be in public health, financial services, in a local authority or a company's HR department.
Students of marketing may also find the course useful, as well as anyone who commissions social marketing or behaviour change work.
- This course will be online only.
The cost of the course, including CIM accreditation, is £495 (excluding UK VAT). f you choose not to gain CIM accreditation, the cost of the course is £375 (excluding UK VAT).
At the moment we are not taking payment for this course; instead, if you are interested in attending please contact John Landels on firstname.lastname@example.org who will reserve you a place. Don't worry if you change your mind about attending after reserving a place - just let John know and he will cancel your reservation.
This course is taught by John Landels who is an experienced social marketing practitioner and trainer who has taught this course widely, both in the UK and abroad.
This course is intensive but is also highly interactive - don't expect to be just reading PowerPoint slides on Zoom or Teams!
The main topics covered are:
- What social marketing is and what it isn't.
- The key elements of a successful social marketing intervention.
- Putting social marketing into practice - understanding who your audience is, the barriers they face to changing their behaviour and using audience understanding to develop interventions.
- Involving stakeholders in achieving behaviour change.
- Researching the issue - learning from others and undertaking your own research.
- Segmenting your audience and setting a behavioural goal.
- Turning insight into action - developing your intervention and using behavioural theory.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing assessment.
Please click here to reach our Two-day Introduction to Social Marketing Agenda page where you can download a more detailed syllabus for this course.