Introduction to Social Marketing. Three-day Course Washington D.C.
Next Course: May 10th-12th 2023
This three-day course provides a thorough introduction to the basic concepts and tools of social marketing.
- Course dates: 10th-12th May 2023
- Location: Downtown D.C.
- Introductory Level
- Accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Course cost: $1,099
- The cost of the course includes the cost of sitting the end-of-course assessment and gaining CIM accreditation
- A thorough understanding of the key principles and terminology of social marketing.
- Guidance on how to plan, manage and evaluate your own behavior change programs.
- An introduction to both qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Access to a wide range of tools and resources to assist with your own behavior change programs.
- Gain an qualification in social marketing accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
This course is designed for those who have a rudimentary knowledge of social marketing and want to know how to commission or develop their own behavior change programs.
The cost of the three-day training course is $1,099 and this includes the cost of sitting the end-of-course assessment and the CIM accreditation process.
We will seek payment just prior to the course. In the meantime, please contact John Landels on email@example.com to express your interest in attending.
John Bromley is a founding Director of The NSMC and has over 20 years of experience in developing, implementing and evaluating behaviour change programs, including the first major public health behavior change program in the UK. John is also an experienced trainer and has participated in all our previous Booz Allen training courses.
John Landels is an experienced social marketing practitioner and trainer who has worked for the NSMC since 2014. John currently delivers a range of behavior training courses, including one for the International Social Marketing Association. John has worked with John Bromley on delivering the three-day course in Washington on several occasions, including the last event in 2019.
This popular and highly acclaimed course is intensive but also highly interactive - don't expect to be just sitting around reading PowerPoint slides! We will spend a lot of time looking at case studies using a range of interactive activites to reinforce your learning. We also spend time looking at the various research techniques used in social marketing.
The main topics covered are:
- What social marketing is and what it isn't.
- The key elements of a successful social marketing intervention.
- Putting social marketing into practice - understanding who your audience is, the barriers they face to changing their behavior and using audience understanding to develop interventions.
- Understanding your behavioral challenge.
- Involving stakeholders in achieving behavior change.
- Researching the issue - learning from others and undertaking your own research.
- Segmenting your audience and setting a behavioral goal.
- Turning insight into action - developing your intervention and using behavioral theory.
- Planning a communications programme.
- An introduction to Behavioural Insights.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing assessment.
The cost of the three-day training course will be $1,099 and this includes the cost of sitting the end-of-course assessment and the CIM accreditation process.
We will seek payment just prior to the course. In the meantime, please contact John Landels direct on firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in attending. Please don't use the Contact Us button shown on the webpage.